1. Seven Habits of Highly Effective Media QueriesBrad Frost shared some considerations for crafting high-quality media queries. Read this article »
2. Build a Freshly Squeezed Responsive Grid SystemJoe Richardson shares how he built his responsive grid system, so that you can build your own. Read this article »
3. Lesson's learnt building the GuardianPatrick Hamann asked Guardian engineers about their experience "starting from scratch and building a mobile-first next generation web platform". Read this article »
Related: Luke Wroblewski shares notes from Andy Hume's Smashing Conf talk about redesigning The Guardian.
4. Five Steps to Make Your Website More AccessibleAt its core, responsive/adaptive design is about being accessible to any user, in any context and on any device. In this article, Julia Larson focuses on making websites more accessible. Read this article »
5. Smashing Conf: Responsive Web Design is Easy/HardLuke Wroblewski shares detailed notes from Dan Mall's Smashing Conf talk about rethinking certain RWD processes. Read Luke's notes »
6. Responsive Navigation On Complex WebsitesJon Rundle talks about his experience "launching two large institutional websites with complex navigation systems" while trying to maintain simplicity and sanity. Read this article »
7. Responsive web design tool review: Embed Responsively"Embed Responsively allows you to transform fixed width embedded media content into flexible and fluid responsive objects." Ryan Boudreaux puts Embed Responsively to the test. Read this article »
8. Page Height, Scrolling and Responsive Web DesignBrad Frost describes three different scrolling behaviour patterns on mobile phones, and why you should keep them in mind when designing your responsive site. Read this article »
9. Planning for Content Beyond the WebDave Olsen thinks beyond phones and tablets. The content of the future will have to adapt to a wide range of devices that don't even exist yet. He argues that if we build a strong foundation now, we can avoid disaster later on. Read this article »
10. Responsive Design is Not About Screen Sizes Any MoreGorka Molero makes a case for why performance should be treated as a design feature, and how to use progressive enhancement and other advanced techniques to achieve optimal page speed. Read this article »
BTW: We've built our own set of performance tools to make your responsive site lightweight.